Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I'm not praying for Boston

This post could go over really poorly.  
But this is the real me.
Hear me out.
If you don't like it, don't read it.
If you don't agree, I don't mind.

I followed the Boston marathon tragedy when it was first happening.
My co-worker received a text from her friend who was at the event before anything even hit the news.

So we followed the news throughout the day.

My heart goes out to the three people who were killed.  
And my heart goes out to their families.
And to those who were injured.

But I'm not sure my heart goes out to Boston

I've been scouring the internet and news trying to see if part of Boston blew up and is destroyed.  
If people are now homeless and the streets of Boston are filled with mayhem.

I'm not finding any of that.

There is undoubtedly more hype about the Boston Marathon tragedy than when 26 people were murdered at an elementary school this past December.  Why are we not praying for Sandy Hook?

 I just feel like it's being a little sensationalized.  And for the families/people who were actually affected, I feel like they're being overlooked.  Why pray for them when you could pray for BOSTON. 

But just so people don't think I'm a total ice queen I thought I'd add this lovely picture a friend sent me. 
 

3 comments

  1. I do not agree or disagree - I am praying for the victims and their families!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm heart broken about this tragedy...The photo is cute...I think they say "Pray for Boston" because they are referring to the families who were affected and the victims...Sandy Hook was a horrible tragedy as well...it sucks :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of feel the same way. Thank you for voicing your opinion! :)

    ReplyDelete

I lovelove comments! Thank you for taking the time to read my post and leave me a comment :-)

I respond to comments via email for those of you who have your email linked to your account.

If it's not linked, I'll respond on here. Thank you!